Tsali Elini Asgayusihwasgi wrote:This is stuff that's not important enough to worry about. Just some things that may or may not need to be changed in the future, and also a place to keep track of my own thoughts of the site...So pay no attention to this until there is a need or time to do so...
1. More themes. The blue is rather hard on my eyes on my CRT monitor.
2. Software and Technology forum, for programs/phone apps/keyboard layouts/etc for use with/learning the Cherokee language, or a sticky "Useful Links" or "Cherokee Language Resources" in "Cherokee Language".
3. [Unnecessary] The "view your post or return to the index" (or whatever that page is called after clicking the submit button). Not sure, but how necessary is that? Why not just go straight to the message just sent? (This one I'm not sure about, maybe a lot of people really like that page. It's always annoyed me, and perhaps I'm the only one).
4. [Unnecessary] A forum for Fluent Cherokee Speakers. Such as teachers, etc, who might want to add information/words/lessons/etc that can't be modified/replied to by beginners. (That is if by chance we can get some teachers/fluent speakers here, which means this would only be necessary if there were at least 3 fluent speakers, one or less, then would be pointless).
5. Interactive chat. (Not a problem, use IRC, and voila. Unicode, of course would be necessary...Perhaps at a later date, add a chat app which would allow voice. I think video is unimportant and unnecessary, but who knows, maybe most people prefer that).
6. A side panel for links to special web sites/pages. Such as dictionaries, videos, etc. Similar in style to http://www.linuxquestions.org.
7. [Unnecessary] Instead of a wiki, I would say lets utilize the langwiki.info wiki. That way we can (perhaps) create a documentation project which could be "globally" and "community" involved/read throughout the world. (I really don't know about this idea, and I am not able to describe it the way I mean, but first I'd need to talk to Hashi about it anyway). http://wiki.langwiki.info/Cherokee (I'm really terrible with words, so the wiki could use a huge make-over).
Tsali Elini Asgayusihwasgi wrote:Not really sure how difficult it is to add themes, but here's some that I liked. (Closer to the console the better, Teehee). If it is fairly complex, then eh, I can do without...
http://www.phpbb.com/styles/demo/3.0/?style_id=1025 (Yes, I know I'm crazy for liking something like this)
Tsali Elini Asgayusihwasgi wrote:If anything, I might even be able to do it myself. All I'd need to do is look at your code, at the downloaded code, and I might be able to tinker around with them without you having to do anything. Though, I still can't stand web programming, but I am sure I could figure it out...Since I have to read code and fix programs on a regular basis, doing so with php shouldn't be no worse than C, bash, etc.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest